The research group as of Summer 2019, consists of three postdocs (Dr. Lea El Khoury, Dr. Sukanya Sasmal, Dr. Jeffrey Wagner), ten Ph.D. students (Sam Gill, Victoria Lim, Kalistyn Burley, David Wych, Danielle Bergazin, Jessica Maat, Martin Amezcua, Hannah Baumann, Chris Zhang and O Tran) and several undergraduates (including Linh Nguyen, Meghan Osato, Jordan Ehrman, Bryon Tjanaka, James Hariyanto and others).
The Mobley lab is located in 3110 Natural Sciences I on the main campus at UCI.
- Undergraduate students: Undergraduate students interested in the area are welcome, with a strong preference for students in their 1st or 2nd years of undergraduate work, ideally with some programming experience. Interested students should contact Dr. Mobley and explain why they are interested in this research area specifically. Research credits for PharmSci 199 are available.
- Graduate students: Positions for graduate students in the lab are available; usually roughly one position is open each academic year. Contact Dr. Mobley if you are potentially interested or want more information on the group, though direct applications are not accepted (students must be accepted into a graduate program at UCI before joining the group). Dr. Mobley has appointments in Pharmaceutical Sciences and Chemistry, so graduate students from several different degree programs are welcome.
- Postdoctoral researchers: We may be hiring; the funding/personnel situation can change rapidly. Regardless of whether we are hiring or not, Dr. Mobley keeps information from interesting candidates on file. Contact him directly if you are looking for a position, and be sure to indicate why you are interested in joining the group.
Postdocs and graduate students
|Name||Affiliation||Last Known Position|
|Dr. Nathan M. Lim||PhD student,
|Postdoctoral Researcher, Janssen Pharmaceuticals in San Diego|
|Dr. Caitlin Bannan||PhD student,
|Applications Scientist, OpenEye Scientific Software Inc. Developing methods for crystal structure prediction using machine learning.|
|Dr. Camilla Zanette||PhD student,
|Bioinformatician, Agendia in the Irvine area|
D. R. Matos
|Postdoc, Prof. Robert C. Rizzo’s group at Stony Brook University in New York. Advancing docking techniques for predicting protein-ligand binding interactions.|
|Dr. Gaetano Calabró||Postdoc,
|Scientific software development with OpenEye Scientific Software in Santa Fe. Continues to collaborate with the Mobley Lab on MD-related software development.|
|Dr. Adam Van Wart||Postdoc,
|Adjunct chemistry professor at several community colleges in Orange County, California|
|Dr. Shuai Liu||PhD student,
|Drug discovery with XtalPi in the Boston area. Before that, Shuai completed postdoctoral work with Mike Gilson, Rommie Amaro, and Vickie Feher as part of the D3R initiative at UCSD, then spent time at Silicon Therapeutics automating free energy calculations for drug design.|
|Dr. Pavel Klimovich||PhD student,
|Pavel is a man of mystery; he sends us postcards from random parts of the world, but he’s a man of secrecy and we have no idea what he is doing, other than that he is still in science somewhere.|
|Dr. Sreeja Parameswaran||Postdoc||Took time off to raise her family, then started a position in data science as an Application Developer at Cincinatti Children’s Hospital in the Center for Autoimmune Genomics and Etiology.|
|Dr. Shun Zhu||Postdoc||Faculty member in the Department of Cellular and Genetic Medicine at Fudan University in China.|
- Graduates (MS):
- Anasuya Kolavennu, a former graduate student in the lab at UNO, completed her M.S. degree and is currently a high school teacher in India.
- Jessica Fuselier, a former graduate student in the lab at UNO, completed her M.S. degree and is currently pursuing a second M.S. degree in bioinformatics at IUPUI.
- Hanh Nguyen, a chemistry M.S. student in the lab, has obtained a position at a R&D laboratory.
- Noora Siddiqui, a pharmacological science M.S. student in the lab is currently working in Baylor College of Medicine as a Programmer Analyst. Previously she taught in San Bernandino Valley College.
Undergraduates and visiting researchers
|Zuzana Jandova||Visiting grad student, spring 2018||From Chris Oostenbrink’s group in Vienna|
|Max Riquelme||Visiting grad student, spring 2017||From Esteban Vöhringer-Martinez’s group in Chile|
|Stefania Evoli||Visiting grad student||From University of Calabria in Italy. Continued onto a postdoc position with Jeff Wereczsynski at IIT.|
|Daisy Kyu||Undergrad||Finished her B.S. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences and is in pharmacy school at the University of Southern California.|
|Nam Thi||Undergrad||Finished his B.S. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences and is in pharmacy school at Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy.|
|Kevin Hoang||Undergrad||Finished his B.S. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences and is pursuing pharmacy school.|
|Karisa Wymer||Undergrad||Finished her B.S. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences at UCI and is attending Pharmacy school at University of California, San Francisco.|
|Kim Keyes||Undergrad (UNO)||Chemical analyst at Eurofins in New Orleans.|
|Vivian Jaber||Undergrad (UNO)||MD/Ph.D. student at Louisiana State University in New Orleans.|
|Sheldon Williams||Undergrad (UNO)||Finishing his undergraduate degree at Southern University in New Orleans.|
|Yu Xuan “Luna” Liu||Undergrad (UNO)||Graduate student in oriental medicine.|
|Christopher D. Savoie||Undergrad (UNO)||Completed his M.S. degree in Chemistry at Boston University with Tom Keyes and is working as a Nuclear Officer for the U.S. Navy.|